Group Study Rooms
Galvin Library has group 4 study rooms and conference rooms available for use by Illinois Tech students with a reservation. The south end of the upper level of the library is also reserved for quiet study.
- Rooms may be reserved from 30 minutes up to 2 hours at a time.
- Reservations are accepted up to 14 days in advance.
- Reservations less than 3 hours in advance cannot be made online. They can only be made in person at the Group Study desk.
- For more information about booking rooms at the Galvin Library follow this guide.
- Study rooms rules and regulations can be found on the Study Rooms guide.
Follow this guide for more information about booking rooms at the Galvin Library.
Galvin Library has 2 Private Booths available for use by Illinois Tech students with a reservation for participating in interviews or phone/video conferences.
The lower booth is located in the Group Study Suite (GSS) on the lower level of the library. To check in, bring your current Hawk ID to the GSS desk on the lower level.
The upper booth is at the top of the main stairs on the upper level of the library. To check in, bring your current Hawk ID to the Reference desk on the upper level.
The booths may be reserved for 15 minutes up to 2 hours at a time.
- Reservations will be accepted up to 14 days in advance.
- There will be no provision of phone or computer in the booth, but students may check out a laptop at the circulation desk in advance, if necessary.
- Both booths are equipped with power outlets.
- These reservations should only be for interviews or phone/video conferences by one individual. Use of the booths for individual study is not allowed.
- Booth reservations must be made at least 4 hours in advance. If you need the booth immediately, you can book it in person at the Group Study Suite desk (GSS) if the room is available.
- As interviews may be scheduled back-to-back, you must leave promptly at the end of your reservation time.
- If you're unable to use the Interview Booth for your interview and must use a Group Study Room instead, please reserve a Group Study Room using the online booking form. At the time of your booking, inform the library staff member at the Group Study Suite desk that you will use the room for an interview.
Galvin Library Media Studio (GLaMS)
The Galvin Library Media Studio (GLaMS) is your place for content creation at IIT.
Students, Staff, and Faculty can book time in the studio to gain access to basic tools for video production, sound recording and editing, and streaming. Bring only your creativity and your curiosity!
GLaMS is located on the library’s second floor next to the elevator. The space is equipped with basic tools for creating audio and video content. Please refer to the GLaMS Guide for current information about available tools, rules of use, and recommended tutorials and resources!
Reserve the Galvin Library Media Studio (GLaMS)