Group Study Rooms
Galvin Library has group study rooms and conference rooms available for use by IIT students with a reservation. The south end of the upper level of the library is also reserved for quiet study.
- Rooms may be reserved from 30 minutes up to 2 hours at a time.
- Reservations are accepted up to 14 days in advance.
- Rooms are to be used for collaborative work, study groups or student organization meetings. A minimum of two students must be present for a study room to be unlocked and used.
- Rooms should not be booked for job interviews or TA hours; please contact your department for those services.
- Same-day reservations cannot be made online. They can only be made in person at the Group Study desk.
Follow this guide for more information about booking rooms at the Galvin Library.
Galvin Library has 1 Private Booth available for use by IIT students with a reservation for participating in interviews or phone/video conferences.
The booth is located in the Group Study Suite on the lower level of the library. To check in, bring your current Hawk ID to the Group Study Suite desk on the lower level.
The booth may be reserved for 15 minutes up to 2 hours at a time.
- Reservations will be accepted up to 14 days in advance.
- Limit yourself to one (1) reservation per person per day. If you book more than one reservation for the same day, only your first reservation will be honored due to high demand. If you need additional accommodations or extra time, please email email@example.com at least 5 days before your interview for consideration.
- There will be no provision of phone or computer in the booth, but students may check out a laptop at the circulation desk in advance, if necessary.
- These reservations should only be for interviews or phone/video conferences by one individual. Use of the booth for individual study is not allowed.
- Booth reservations must be made at least 4 hours in advance. If you need the booth immediately, you can book it in person at the Group Study Suite desk (GSS) if the room is available.
- As interviews may be scheduled back-to-back, you must leave promptly at the end of your reservation time.
- If you're unable to use the Interview Booth for your interview and must use a Group Study Room instead, please reserve a Group Study Room using the online booking form. At the time of your booking, inform the library staff member at the Group Study Suite desk that you will use the room for an interview.