Group study rooms are provided for groups of two or more students; they are not for individual use.
- A valid IIT ID is required to reserve a group study room.
- Group study rooms are available for 1 or 2 hour blocks.
- Please limit yourself to one (1) reservation per person per day.
- Reservations are accepted up to 14 days in advance. Non-reserved rooms are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- The person that made the reservation must check-in at the Service Desk and must present an IIT ID card at the start of the reserved block. The members of the group must also be present within 15 minutes of the reserved time.
- Reservations will be cancelled if the group is more than 15 minutes late for the reserved room and time.
Guidelines for Use:
- Groups are defined as 2 or more current IIT students.
- The person that made the reservation is responsible for the condition of the room.
- Do not move library furniture into study rooms or study room furniture out.
- Food and covered drinks are permitted, with some restrictions. Be considerate of those using the room after your group and clean up after your group. Catered events are not permitted without prior approval.
- Rooms are not soundproof. Please be considerate. Voices should be kept at low, conversational levels.
- Do not leave the room unattended. The library is not responsible for the loss or theft of personal property. Items left unattended will be placed in Galvin Library's lost and found.
- Library staff will check the condition of each room between groups.
- Rooms are for student use and library-related events and meetings. Non-library faculty or staff wishing to use a room may be permitted on a case-by-case basis and should email firstname.lastname@example.org in advance for consideration.