International Student Library Guide
Libraries are different around the world. The services and resources at Galvin Library may be different from those in your home country. The International Student Library Guide contains detailed information of library services, recommended resources and tools aimed to help international students with your study at IIT. On this guide, you can find:
- How to find your textbooks
- Doing research: tips on Book Search and Article Search
- English Practice: Language learning tools and tips for improving your English
- Resources: Recommended books for study in the US, resources/guides in Mandarin Chinese (中文资料及指南）
Fundamentals for International Students
Fundamentals for International Students is a library workshop/tour to help you get familiar with the library building and services. You can learn everything you need to get started using the library. It is usually scheduled during the orientation week or the first two weeks of classes. Tour dates are announced on the library websites and IIT Today.
Research Help Services
Galvin Library has professional librarians with expertise in your academic discipline to assist you with your assignments and research. We can help you…
- get started with a research project
- find resources for your topic
- find books and journal articles
- evaluate resources
- a lot more...
We are here to help! Ask us! You can stop by the Research Help Office, schedule a research appointment with a research librarian, through email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: (312) 567- 3616, or online chat with us on the library website.
- Yi Han, International Student Library Services Liaison
- Email: email@example.com, or Office phone: (312) 567-5991.
Yi is the librarian who provides library services and programs for international students. She completed her Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science in the United States, so not only is she an expert researcher but she also has tons of personal experience as a former international student. Contact her if you have questions about doing research for your assignment/projects, or the general use of the library!