Galvin Library space will not be available in order to maintain responsible continuation of services to students, faculty, and staff during the COVID-19 virus.
While we understand that this is a disruption, we feel that it will better enable us to meet the ongoing needs of our community at this time while taking measures to reduce the spread of the virus.
During this time staff will be available for services. We have created this guide to help the Illinois Tech community access our resources and services during this time.
Services that remain available include:
- Limited access to physical materials, including some course reserves, via document delivery (up to one chapter or 1/10th of a printed work)
- Access to electronic resources and library catalog via login
- Interlibrary loan article request and fulfillment
- Reference and research assistance by librarians via Chat
- Reference and research assistance by librarians via email
- Virtual Library instruction, when appropriate
The following library services will not be available during this time:
- Access and use of the building
- In-person Library Instruction
- Access and use of physical materials, including (but not limited to) laptops, WiFi hotspots, and books
Please email us at email@example.com if you have any questions or need extensions on materials you have checked out that are due back during the closure. We will extend loan periods and waive any fines associated with the closure.
For information on COVID-19, see our resource guide.