Become a Student Proxy for a Professor
Teaching Assistants can serve their professor(s) by becoming a proxy. Proxies serve as a courier for the professor by retrieving professor's books on hold, and submitting course reserves. Professors must request to add a student proxy to their library account by contacting the Circulation Desk.
Submitting Course Materials for Professors
Teaching Assistants can submit course materials for their professor.
- The library places all undergraduate textbooks on course reserve as long as the book is listed on the bookstore's website; late submissions to the bookstore will delay the library's ability to have the book ready for the first day of classes
- Professors can put their personal copies of textbooks on reserve
- Textbooks can be used inside the library for two hours at a time
Have a Librarian Teach Your Students
Librarians are available to instruct your students on conducting research:
- Request library instruction if your class has an assignment that requires library use. Librarians can make online course guides for the classes too
- Submit an Assignment Alert for upcoming "library assignments." Or, if your professor is considering a "library assignment" have a librarian help design the assignment to maximize learning opportunities
IIT Writing Center
The Writing Center is a resource for all IIT students for help. You can either make an appointment with them, or they also help students on a walk-in basis.