- Search for a book in the library catalog. You can search for books by keyword, title, author, subject, and/or ISBN.
- Write down (or text yourself) the LOCATION and CALL NUMBER.
- Go to the location you wrote down and use the call number to find the book on the shelf. You can also ask a librarian or staff member to escort you to the right shelf.
What is a Call Number?
- Books are organized on the shelves using unique identification numbers known as Call Numbers.
- Some examples are “QA13.M374 2007” and “306.2 C582.”
- Different call numbers have their own subjects. For example: Q: Science; QD: Chemistry; TK: Electrical Engineering.
- To learn more about call numbers and how to find a book.