During regular semester hours, the library is open to the public until 6:00 p.m. After 6:00 p.m., access is restricted to students, faculty and staff of IIT. Public access begins when the building opens (view hours), or at 7:30 a.m. during times the building is open overnight.
IIT is part of the eduroam (Education Roaming) community. Students whose institutions are also part of eduroam will be able to log in using their credentials. Guests may access IIT-Connect by self registering when connecting to the network. Guests must bring their own devices as computers are not publicly available.
I-Share & Alumni
Students and faculty from I-Share institutions & IIT Alumni must also follow the visitor policy and may be admitted until 6:00 p.m.
- No animals are allowed in Galvin Library. Guide or service dogs as deemed necessary by the American with Disabilities Act and security dogs with their handlers are exempt from this policy.
- Any visitor under the age of 17 must be accompanied by an adult, 21 years of age or older. Parents are responsible for the use of the library and the behavior of their children.
- Some special collections material may have more restrictions on use.
- Visitors may not disrupt the study environment of the library or threaten damage to library collections, resources, facilities, or equipment.
- Visitors who fail to adhere to these policies will be asked to leave the library.