Alumni Library Accounts for Former Students
IIT Libraries provide circulation and interlibrary loan services to IIT alumni for an annual fee of $100. Alumni are responsible for any circulation activity occurring under these privileges, including charges posted by the library for overdue fines, or replacement cost for lost or damaged materials.
Visiting the Library
Alumni are welcome to visit the library during public visiting hours.
Access to Items
- Alumni users must pick up their requested materials from the circulation desk at Galvin Library on the Main Campus.
- Alumni borrowing privileges allow requests through the online catalog, but do not extend to borrowing from I-Share libraries.
- Due to vendor licensing restrictions, off-campus access to the library's online databases is NOT included in alumni privileges.
- Interlibrary loan (MyILL) requests are limited to 5 journal articles and 10 books or other physical materials per year.
Applying for an Alumnus Account
Download the Alumni Library Privileges Contract application and mail your completed application and check (made payable to IIT Galvin Library) to:
Circulation Manager Paul V. Galvin Library Illinois Institute of Technology 35 W. 33rd St. Chicago, IL 60616
- Your alumni account is confirmed through the registrar's office and processing may take up to 72 hours before your library account is completed.
- You will receive an email confirming when your account is ready.
- Once your alumni account has been processed, you can set up your own interlibrary loan account in MyILL to request journal articles and items not available in I-Share.
*At this time, there is not an IIT ID card for alumni, so alumni will be asked to present a valid government ID with photo (driver's license, passport, etc) to pick up requested materials.