Printing, Copying, & Scanning
Library users may print, copy, and scan documents using library computers and photocopiers. If you have questions or need assistance, contact the Reference Desk on the Upper Level of the library.
IIT students, faculty, and staff may print documents at the library using their IIT Print accounts. Computers and printers are not accessible to members of the public. Printing is black-and-white, single-sided only. The printer is located at the Reference Desk on the Upper Level of the library, and OTS provides a remote printer in the Group Study Space on the Lower Level.
To print from a library computer:
- Log in to a library workstation using your MyIIT username and password.
- Open or create your document using the appropriate application.
- Click "Print."
To print from your laptop while in the library:
- Remote printing is available from the OTS Lab printer on the lower level. More information is available on the OTS printing page.
- Check your IIT Print account in the Finances tab of MyIIT to make sure you have money in your account.
- Check to see if the red button on the lower-right of the screen says "Campuswide Printing." If not, log off and log in again.
- Make sure that the correct printer is being used. The printer name should be "GL Laser 1" or "Public Area Black and White."
- Ask for help at the Reference Desk.