|If the item you need is not available through IIT Libraries, you can request it from another library. Interlibrary loan (ILL) is intended to provide materials for scholarly research and supplement classroom learning.||Questions? Contact:
Log in to MyILL to manage your interlibrary loan requests.
Before submitting a book request, check if the item is available in the IIT Library Catalog. For items not owned by IIT libraries, begin your search with I-Share. If the item is not available in I-Share, then try WorldCat.
The I-Share catalog allows 24/7 access to the collections of dozens of academic libraries that are part of CARLI (Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois). You can search for, request and renew items without the assistance of library staff.
- Search the I-Share catalog for the book(s) you want.
- When you have found a book, click the Request button in the top menu.
- Log in to your IIT / I-Share library account.
- Select "Request first available copy" and click OK.
- Follow the instructions on the request form and click Submit Request.
For information on Chicagoland I-Share Libraries that IIT patrons can visit and borrow items from directly, consult this list.
WorldCat is an online catalog that contains the holdings of more than 8,000 libraries worldwide. You can place requests in WorldCat for materials not owned by IIT or I-Share Libraries.
- Search WorldCat for the item(s) you want.
- When you have found a book, click the Request this item button in the "External Resources" section of the item record.
- You may be prompted to log in to your MyILL account. If so, log in.
- The item information will be pasted into the ILL Book request form. Make sure the information is correct and click Submit Request.
Ask a Librarian
- Galvin is open until 5 p.m.
- More hours info