Galvin Library offers a number of computing services for IIT patrons. If you have questions or need assistance using library computers, contact the Research Help Office on the Upper Level of the library.
- The library features over forty-five public workstations located on the Upper Level of the library. Access is first-come, first-served. There is no time limit on computer use for students, faculty, and staff.
- Eight of the workstations have scanners.
- Students and faculty can login at any of the computers using their MyIIT login.
- All computers are running Windows Vista and feature the following software: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel; Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox; Quicktime and Real Player; and Acrobat Reader.
- Computers with scanners have scanning software: Adobe Acrobat Professional, and Adobe Photoshop.
- Printing is available to all IIT students, faculty, and staff using print credit through the MyPrint Channel.
- Students can print over the wireless network from their laptops using print release stations found on the upper and lower levels of the library.
- There are standard black-and-white printers on both levels.
- There is a color printer on the lower level near the group study rooms.
- A plotter (for printing posters and other large items) is available on the upper level.
- The library also has two 3-D printers on the lower level.
- The library has a number of workstations with scanning equipment and software located on the upper level, including a standalone scanner that is available to the public.
- Power cords are available at the Circulation Desk. They can be checked out 8 hours and can be renewed online for an additional 8 hours. Power cords are subject to fines if they are returned late or damaged.
- Lamps, staplers, and hole punches are available for use on the upper level near the Research Help Office.
The library has a wireless network for students, faculty, staff, and affiliated members of the IIT community. To access the wireless network you will need to contact the Office of Technology Services Support Desk located on the upper level of the library.
Printing from the wireless network is available for Windows and Apple operating systems via the myIIT Print Channel software.
If you have trouble with the wireless network, contact the OTS support desk.