Know How Many Books You Can Check Out
- The Circulation Desk is located next to the main entrance on the Lower Level of the library.
- All library materials circulate from this desk, including Course Reserves, items borrowed through Interlibrary Loan, and loaner laptops and iPads.
- You must present your IIT ID card to borrow materials.
- Books can be renewed online once you create your account.
# of Items
16 weeks or end of the current semester
- Books borrowed from I-Share libraries can be borrowed for a loan period of 28 days, with up to 3 renewals. I-Share books can also be renewed online.
- Materials borrowed from libraries that are not part of I-Share (MyILL) are subject to the loan, renewal and replacement rules of the library that owns them.
- If you are not affiliated with IIT or an I-Share library that has a borrowing arrangement with IIT, you may still borrow IIT books through your local public library's interlibrary loan service.
Borrowing Closed Stacks Items
University Archives and Special Collections (UASC) oversees requests for thesis materials and other closed stacks items by providing access in the IIT Archives reading room on the lower level of Galvin Library.
These materials can be assessed during UASC open hours from 1:00- 4:45, Monday- Friday. Morning appointments also can be scheduled from 9:00- 12:30, Monday-Friday.